Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BEAUTY TIPS AND TRICKS THAT WORKS

Last month I came across this magazine in the office call People Style Watch.
 


While I was reading People Style Watch magazine. I saw a list of makeup trick and tips. I was astonish to come across certain tips I been using for years from advice of makeup artist and stores makeup professionals, who was kind enough to share with me. Now, I'm going to share some of those tips I know and practice on me with you, also found in the magazine with the names of who stated the tips or tricks. It's shocking to me how makeup artist think alike.
 
1-Jewel-Toned Eyeliner works for all skin tones and eye colors say celeb makeup artist Tina Turnbow for a pretty pop of color, trace the pencil along the inner or outer corners of your eyes or do both for bolder take. ( I try this for an event with blue eyeliner got alot of compliment)
 
2-Put Foundation on your lids prepping lids with a thin layer of liquid foundation helps eye shadow stay put. It also makes blending easy and helps prevents creasing says makeup artist Diane Kendal. Let foundation dry before applying shadow. (One step I always do)
 
3-Use moisturizer as highlighter after you apply foundation, put moisturizer on the tips of your fingers and lightly pat it onto your nose, cheeks or anywhere else you want a little dewiness. The extra layer of hydration makes you look more fresh and radiant says makeup artist Val Garland. ( I been doing this from the first time I knew you could highlight with it)
 
4-Mix blush & blonzer for a pretty glow-sweeping bronzer along your cheekbones and adding blush to the apples of cheeks make every complexion look brighter, you just need to find your best combo. (One of my favorite trick to do to myself especially now in warm weather when I want a sunkiss look)
 
5- Double up on brow pencil for a natural look when you mix two different tones (one that is a shade darker than your brow and one a shade lighter), your arches will look defined but not fake. With feathery strokes, enhance your brows' shape with the darker color, then add fullness with the lighter one, says makeup artist Sil Bruinsma. (This really works)
 
6. Get a whiter smile with coral lipstick adding coral to the center of lips on top of a neutral color like beige gives teeth a brighter look. It neutralizes any yellowness says Oresman. (Smile looks brighter)
 
7- Enhance any eye shape with liner open up small eyes by lining just along the top lash line, says Schlip show off  larger eyes by framing them with liner on both top and bottom lash lines. ( I do this on special occasion went I want my eyes to stand out)
 
8-Shrink pores with a mask using one with mud and clay once or twice a week will draw out skin-clogging impurities that can make pores look bigger, says Dr. Tanzi. ( I do this with homemade mask it works as good to)
 
9-Apply moisturizer to damp skin put on your face cream or lotion within three minutes of washing your face to help it absorb quickly into skin. Moisturizer always works better with a little water, says Dr. Tanzi. (It absorb really fast)
 
10-Wash sensitive skin with cool water anything hotter than lukewarm water may be irritating to your skin, says Joanna Vargas founder of Joanna Vargas Salon. Cleanse at the sink instead of in the shower. (Less redness)
 
11- Moisturize a dry scalp with vitamin E poke a hole in a vitamin E capsule and rub the contents directly on your scalp to relieve dryness or itchiness, says Kyle White, lead colorist at Oscar Blandi salon. (Works well on elbows and feet)
 
12-Hydrate cuticles with chapstick rub lip balm on cuticles to ease rough, dry skin on the go says Jin Soon Choi manicurist and founder of N.Y.C's Jin Soon Natural hand & Foot Spas. (This tips I have done for years with Vaseline now chapstick work well and is the to go for me now)
 

ME

Hey Fashionistas, What beauty tips works for you share your tips with me?

50 comments:

  1. Great tips! Thanks for sharing! :)

    By the way, the Twitter link on your blog doesn't seem to direct to your Twitter account. Hope you fix it so your followers can follow you. :)

    http://meowmd.blogspot.com/2013/06/make-up-technique-two-toned-eyeshadow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, also thanks for the heads up. Will definetly fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great advises. I hear that vitamin E is also good to use under eyes. I have to try it

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you and as well for the new tip.

      Delete
  4. People style watch is one of my favorite magazines...!!!!
    Martha Zuniga
    www.dreamsandcoffeemoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for these great tips!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Followed you back on Bloglovin dear! <3

    Roxx~
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, your are really beautyful.

    Your Beauty-tips are great. Using moisturizers us highlighter was new for me, but it's a great idea.
    I always mixed two difference shades for my eyebrows. This looks really natural.
    Thank you for sharing all this tips.

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiring post!
    I'm following you back now chick
    Hope you're well
    Lots of love
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
    Tip No 6 is so good, I need to try!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy buenos consejos!!
    Besos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. a great post!
    followed you back on bloglovin (follower 62) :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips, I have been already doing some of these and will definitely try the others as well!

    Since Google reader is closing down, wold you like to follow each other on Bloglovin'? I've already moved the blogs I follow onto Bloglovin' and you are one of them!
    Visit my latest post if you don't know how to do this: http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/2013/06/tutorial-from-google-reader-to-bloglovin.html

    Roxx~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips this might help others

      Delete
  13. Am following you via bloglovin, cant find your Gfc button.
    We def should keep in touch.
    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are really nice tips ! haha I always love reading tips like this and I could really use the pore one since the pores on my nose are huge~!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips jackie. Its really nice to know that a lot of these things we do already in our routine. Nice post actually i am also planning a post about tips on my lifestyle blog www.itsemmslife.blogspot.com :) keep up the good work

    www.glittergossip.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know thanks, so looking forward to your tips sweetie.
      http://tifi11@blogspot.com

      Delete
  16. this post is really useful, some of the tricks i knew and some were very interesting , i am going to follow... u knew almost everything... :)..

    intelligent girl...
    much love,
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great beauty tips! I have sensitive skin so there was a great tip in there! Thanks!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I am following you back on bloglovin!

      Rebecca
      www.winnipegstyle.ca

      Delete
  18. Wow Jackie, tnx for sharing these interesting tips!!!!!!
    A kiss for you from Ischia ;)))!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it!! thanks for sharing this amazing post with us.
    btw... now we have bloglovin. just bc we are the best. thanks. following u there. can u follow us?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful tips, Jackie. I will definitely be using these in the future.

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. loooooooove that =)

    http://thefantasticfashionworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for comments)
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty good tips and tricks I must say. I may try some of them :) You look beautiful.
    I don't know much makeup tricks because I don't really put much makeup on. Little bit of mascara, concealer, maybe lip gloss and I'm set :)
    "open up small eyes by lining just along the top lash line" - ahh wish I could do that, haha. Sadly I have no talent for putting eyeliner on.

    lovehairstyles1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love reading everything about your website, so glad to stumble upon your web blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and your sweet comment.

      Delete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison