Wednesday, July 30, 2014

CHICKPEAS AND AVOCADO HUMMUS


I love avocados and always during
season I like to look
for different ways to incorporate
them in my food.
I love hummus so why not grab
two ingredients I love and are healthy
and make a hummus
you will want to continue making
after tasting it.
Is simple and easy
very tasty by roasting the
chickpeas it enhance to
 a light nutty flavor of the hummus.
Adding the avocado brings the
hummus to a delicious 
new dish your family
and friends will love.
You could serve
with baquette, cracker
vegetables, or pita

 INGREDIENTS

15 OUNCE OF CHICKPEAS DIVIDED
4 TABLESPOON OF THE CHICKPEAS CAN LIQUID
1 ZEST AND JUICE OF LEMON
1 AVOCADO DIVIDED
1 TEASPOON OF GARLIC MINCED
6 TABLESPOON OF GOOD OLIVE OIL
2 TEASPOON OF PAPRIKA

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1

ZEST AND JUICE 1 LEMON

STEP 2

PAN ROAST 1/2 OF CHICKPEAS 
1 ONE TEASPOON OF CHICK PEAS WATER
OF THE CAN
1 TEASPOON OF PAPRIKA AND LEMON ZEST
ROAST UNTIL THEY LOOK DRY



STEP 3 

MEASURE 1 TEASPOON 
OF MINCED GARLIC

STEP 4
 IN A FOOD PROCESSOR
ADD THE 1/2 OF PAN ROAST
CHICKPEAS
AND THE OTHER CAN HALF
WITH 3 TABLESPOON
OF THE CAN WATER.
THE REST OF THE LEMON
ZEST AND THE LEMON
JUICE.
HALF OF AVOCADO
6 TABLESPOON OF OLIVE OIL


PUREE UNTIL YOU SEE THIS CONSISTENCY

GARNISH SUGGESTION
SPRINKLE 1 TEASPOON OF PAPRIKA
AND DRIZZLE WITH 1 TEASPOON OF OLIVE OIL
Chickpeas hummus


 ADD DICE TOMATOES AND THE OTHER HALF
OF AVOCADO DICE

avocado hummus

SERVE WITH
Baquette, Crackers,
Vegetables or Pita
stuff the lettuce 
spread on eggplant
stuff in tomatoes or 
any color peppers


 FINAL RESULT
ENJOY
ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATES!

DISCLAIMER:
IF YOU HAVE ANY ALLERGIES TO THESE INGREDIENTS 
PLEASE TO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRY THIS RECIPE OUT.
ANY MEDICAL ISSUES PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN.


HEALTHY BENEFITS IN EATING CHICKPEAS AND AVOCADO HUMMUS

Avocado- contains good fat 4 gram of protein good to eat in moderation. Is known to help
flatten stomach, excellent source of Vitamin K, B, C and E also contains 11 gram of fiber. It promotes lower body weight and help lower cholesterol.

Chickpeas- Low in fat help reduce cholesterol it contains calcium, magnesium, protein, iron, zinc and minerals. A good amount of fiber and Vitamin B-6.

Lemon- No fat, good source of iron, fiber, Vitamin C and potassium.

Olive Oil- Helps lower cholesterol, it contains Vitamin A, D, E and K.

Tomatoes- Fat free, Vitamin A, B3, B6, C, E,K it also contains antioxidant and fiber.




68 comments:

  1. I´m always happy to read your recipe, i think we have the same preference for food. I love avocados and know the healthy benefits about it. Thank you for the recipe, i will try it.
    http://www.glamupyourlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I often eat hummus and guacamole together, so this recipe just makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vow.. this looks so delicious.. i wud try it without the avocado.. Thanks fr sharing the recipe.. looks so yumm!!
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so healthy and delish Jackie! I am a huge fan of avocado. I'm happy to see you're not using vinegar. Such a healthy and tasty recipe.

    STYLE BY ALINA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sembra un piatto buonissimo.. io adoro l'avocado!!

    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmyy!! It seems delicious dear!!! I'll try it!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks incredible!! A very healthy and interesting recipe :)

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great, I would love to try it dear!
    Lena
    http://skinnycature.com/2014/07/30/i-put-my-shades-on/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great one I love avacados on my toast but will try in hummus too
    Thanks for sharing

    Varinder Makeupmeandyoyo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie ........ AvOcAdO ........ 4 me I like too much, my favorite salad

    http://blackcoral4you.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh Jackie! You probably don't know this about me but I love Chickpeas! I used to eat all the time in Peru but I completely forgot about it! I will try this recipe for sure :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww you are a great cooker <3
    Love this recipe and I wanna try it!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.theworldc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a yummy spread for sandwich!! I love avocado, but not a fan of chickpeas. I tried it for the first time in klm flight and didn't really feel it. Might give it a try again and see. :) Thanks for sharing Jackie.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love avocados too, Jackie. I cannot wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soo delicious amiga! I'm hungry now!! :D
    Love avocados I do many recipes with them. Great one!!

    www.myladytrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks delicious! Wanna try it at home1
    Wish you a great Wednesday babe!
    kisses
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make me so hungry! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super yummy and healthy! :))

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay I'm cooking chickpeas today but going with the Indian method. Yummy recipe!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  20. great post!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/Befashion31

    ReplyDelete
  21. you give us Always good recipes Jackie ! this is so interesting too

    happy day

    ReplyDelete
  22. it must be so good, must try as soon :)
    hugs
    Carmy1978.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks so yummy
    Great recipe
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  24. it looks very yummy! I have to try it
    xo

    http://tirateladimeno.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummy This recipe is amazing!!!
    I really like avocado
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  26. always healty your recipes
    yummy
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    NEW LOOK http://tr3ndygirl.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  27. Avocados make anything better even hummus! This looks delish! Thanks for sharing Jackie!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  28. I' ve never tried to eat tit but looks so yummy!
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. amazing recipe Jackie! I love avaocado and chick peas. Have an amazing day!


    Kenny,
    WHAT KENNY HEARTS a FASHION AND DECOR BLOG
    INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG this looks delicious!! I'll be sure to try this recipe :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice!!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. it seems delicious..I want to try it

    http://emiliasalentoeffettomoda.altervista.org/costume-intero-mon-amour/
    grazie
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  33. Que delia amei postagem maravilhosa

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks delicious. I love avocado. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You always have the best recipes! This sounds sooo good!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You always share amazing recipes. This looks delicious!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, thanks for sharing - looks yummy!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love hummus but I've never tried to make my own. I bet it's lovely.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. it looks just oh so yummy dear :)

    http://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love hummus and have never thought of making it myself, thank you for sharing. Great post!

    Anne
    http://www.liebeladies.com/
    Instagram @anne_ksr

    ReplyDelete
  41. This recipe seems easy and delicious, thanks for share Jackie!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh yum! This looks absolutely scrumptious!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. It looks delicious :)

    http://thepink-lipstick.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  44. I wish i could say the same thing about chickpeas and humus. Regardless, i will still eat them with the right kind of food :). Thanks for sharing Jackie.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a delicious looking recipe! Yummy!
    Www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love avocado and hummus, this is right up in my alley Jackie, thanks for sharing. I can eat them everyday. You are a healthy eater and so do I.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I wish one day we can meet up and cook together!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great! It's so delicious!!!
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yumm, I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looks great, must definitely try it, I`m just starting to learn how to cook, I`m so bad at it, so I`m trying out lots of new things :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Never tried but looks delicious! (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison