Friday, November 21, 2014

CUMIN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

(google image)

In these cold nights a good bowl of soup
that filled your tummy will do us good.
 Cumin Butternut Squash Soup will do just that.
Easy and with simple ingredients this
creamy soup my end up being your staple in your home.
The texture is darker than the usual butternut soup is due
to the cumin that gives it a zip taste that you wonder
why have I not try it with this spice before.
Here it is and hope you all try it out for yourself.


INGREDIENTS
Half of a Butternut Squash peeled and dice (serve about 2 )
(use the whole butternut for more than 2 guest)
4 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 Garlic peeled and minced
1 Small onion dice
1 Teaspoon of cumin
1/4 cup of Vegetable Stock or Broth
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon of Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon of half and half


TOOLS YOU NEED
Pot
Ladle
Mixing Spoon
Food Processor or Blender

DIRECTIONS
Peel and dice the butternut squash, onion, garlic
In a pot with 4 Tablespoon of olive oil
Sauteed until translucent the onion add garlic
cook for additional 1 minute
add the peel and dice butternut squash
Time to add zip to the soup
with Pinch of Sea Salt, 
1 Tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper,
and the 1 Teaspoon of cumin
 1/4 cup of Vegetable stock or broth
let it simmer until the butternut squash is tender.

Cool add in batches to a Food Processor or Blender
Blend to a smooth or a texture consistency 
is all in preference.

 PEEL AND DICE BUTTERNUT SQUASH

SAUTEED ONION AND GARLIC

ADD SOME ZIP  SEA SALT-FRESH GROUND PEPPER
AND CUMIN

ADD THE VEGGIE BROTH OR STOCK


SECOND STEP
Bring soup to room temperature (warm)
ADD in batches to a Food Processor or Blender
Blend to a smooth or a texture consistency 
is all in preference.

STIR IN THE 1 TABLESPOON OF HALF AND HALF

Butternut Squash Soup



Until all is mix well.

FINAL RESULT


ENJOY

Garnish with Slice Grilled Green Apples
(optional)


ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATE!

DISCLAIMER:
IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ANY OF THIS INGREDIENTS
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRY THIS RECIPE.
ANY MEDICAL ISSUES PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN.

BENEFITS IN EATING BUTTERNUT SQUASH:

Low Fat
Dietary Fiber
Heart Friendly
Vitamin C, A, Beta-Carotene
Antioxidant

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!. 
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT HUGS AND KISSES....

If you decide to make it please take an image and tag me on instagram beautify11jackie
Thank you 

SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR ANNE AND HER LITTLE PRINCESS:
Hi Anne and her little princess thank you so much for supporting me on Instagram and trying out my recipes and tagging me with the food images, so happy to read that you both enjoy and like to try them out. I really appreciate it very much from the bottom of my heart and will continue trying to do my best in bringing recipes to you and your family as well as friends will love. These thoughtful moments someone takes from their valuable time it never become unnoticed with me Thank you once again.

Anne has a blog name Liebe Ladies with two other lovely ladies from Switzerland and they do an amazing job with Fashion, Recipes and Beauty if interested please visit you will not be disappointed here is the link.

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO STEVE HERRON

ALSO STEVE HERRON  one of my google followers he try out my COCO PUMPKIN SOUP with a whole pumpkin bake in the oven so excited he modified the recipe and made his own and love it. This made my day to be able to help in the kitchen in giving you an idea and you guys running with it. Thanks for the support.



88 comments:

  1. I think i will get a cold, so such a soup is perfect right now for me. Thank you for the recipe and i wish you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Will try definitely! http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jackie! Tonight I will do the same with pumpkin! I lllove your recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, i will try it
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another delicious looking soup from you Jackie! I must try this out soon, maybe over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow dear it seems delicious!
    Wish you a great Friday <3
    hugs
    New post on my blog: http://www.milanotime.net/fashion/white-and-grey/


    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect soup for this weather! kiss dear! xxx

    http://stylentonic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww! Shout out to Steve!
    It looks delicious, Jackie! The green apple is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks really good. The grilled apple idea is phenomenal. Love it! Wish i could eat just about everything you do. Is there any food you don't like Jackie? :)). I really admire that in you. Thanks for always sharing.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie that mean alot to me and yes there is some I wont eat deer meat, gator or turtle any weird type of cuisine lol.

      Delete
  10. Looks amazing I bet it smells really nice too.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to hunt fr a butternut squash now.. this was so easy peesy.. wud love to try it.. Thnx fr sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Squash with green apples? That's something new for me, Jackie! xoxo
    Luxury Haven

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great! I love making soup during the winter months!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like the perfect cold weather soup and the green apple is so unexpected but I bet it's really good. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love anything with cumin in it, it's a very lovely spice to have in the kitchen and takes the dish up a notch. Another good recipe, Jackie. xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks wonderful!! :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have simple but healthy recipes, I love it ;) xo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhmmmm.... looks delicious!!!
    Happy friday!!!
    Kisses, love Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so yummy! Have a happy weekend. :D

    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.COM
    FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN
    LIKE WKH ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love butternut squash soup! This recipe looks so easy too! Yum!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great recipe! I like recipes that are also healthy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks yummy. But here in my country is very hot and I can't eat soup now. Have nice weekend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum Yum
    I need this recipe babe. thank you so much for sharing
    Very cool
    Kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soup is perfect for this time of year, lovely ! <3

    I have a new outfit post up, let me know what you think! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent recipe and so perfect for this time of the year! Thanks for sharing :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very healthy and looks easy enough to do ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jackie that soup looks delicious! I need to do that!:)

    http://freshisyummy.blogspot.com/2014/11/heartstrings.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. mmmmmm jackie! how delicious =)

    http://thefantasticfashionworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for this recipe! I also give apples in my butternut squash soup :)
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Jackie, looks delish :) You make baking and cooking look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks amazing, but I don't think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow !

    http://nikoladrozdzi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love soups!
    yummy recipe!
    have a great weekend
    xx

    http://www.tirateladimeno.it/

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds like a great recipe to try. I never cooked with butternut squash and think I really should change that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wish you a great Saturday!
    kisses
    New post on my blog: http://www.milanotime.net/milano/bosco-verticale/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hm love the idea of garnishing it with green apples!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for leaving such nice comment on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love butternut squash soup :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. That's looks delicious! I can smell it here! :D
    Great recipe guapa!
    Have a lovely weekend ♥

    www.myladytrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. yummy!

    _______________________________
    sprawdź jak przywołuję lato na
    WWW.JUSTYNAPOLSKA.BLOGSPOT.COM
    + zniżka dla każdego z was

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh this sounds so good! I so want to make some homemade soup, but I feel like I never have any time. With a full time job and blogging I just have no down time. But I do want to bake and cook this holiday season.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. nom nom nom this look very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks so tasty!
    Have a nice day!

    http://www.alisagromova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. another delicious recipe! you go girl :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. It looks really so yummy darling!
    Have a great start of week..kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. loveee the idea of this! sounds so yummy

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. if you want to, enter my christmas giveaway to win £660+ worth of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  47. look delicious!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/11/fur-vest.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, it looks mighty tasty! I've never had butter squash before, but I will give this a try.

    xo,
    Tania

    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  49. Que gostosura, tenha uma semana abençoada Curta e siga o meu canal e TSU
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NekitaReis
    TSU: https://www.tsu.co/Nequeren

    ReplyDelete
  50. This looks so good and it's getting a little cooler so maybe I can indulge in some soup this week!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. oh my! this sounds so festive and tasty!! YUM!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Perfect timing for this great recipe! I just brought squash back from my trip to Indiana. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love squash soup, but I have never tried it with cumin!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love cumin :)))

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've never had that Jackie! Will have to try!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. All your recipes are healthy and easy to make.
    www.candycrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Looks delish and healthy. Did you try it roasting the squash? I adds another dimension in flavor.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison