Friday, February 20, 2015

MY WAY LATKES


(google image)
I know some of you associates red meat
with food that is off limits due 
to being a vegetarian but you could
try the side dishes. 

This recipe is perfect and compliments
Beef, Chicken or Fish
so which ever you prefer give the side dishes a try with it.

My Way Latkes
No, I'm not jewish
but I had mention I'm an epicurious person who loves to try
different nationality food.
So after several trials I came out with this simple recipe.
So do not shy away and give it a try.

INGREDIENTS
3 Potatoes peeled cut in halves
1 medium onion cut into wedges
1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup of Vegetable oil for frying
1 Teaspoon of Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper

TOOLS YOU NEED
Strainer
Bowl
Food Processor with Fitted Shredded Disk
Deep Skillet
1 Measuring Tablespoon
Plate
Paper Towel

DIRECTIONS

In the food processor shred the potatoes and onion in batches
add each batch to the strainer over the bowl for it to drain
 continue until you are done shredding all the potatoes and onions.
Squeeze the excess water from the potatoes and onion 
place in a clean bowl add
The 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour and the 2 eggs beaten lightly 
than add
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of Fresh ground pepper
stir until is very well incorporated
Add back to strainer let it sit for 2-3 minute
until there is no excess water.

In  a deep skillet add the 1/2 cup
of vegetable oil bring up to medium heat
Place one Tablespoon of the potatoes mixtures 
into the pan flatten gently that form into a shape of a disc.
Fry  each one turning them once until they are golden brown
and center is heated through.

Drain in a plate cover with a paper towel.

I serve this with a Grill Sirloin Steak
Creamed Spinach that is not my recipe but
it was so delicious I'm glad I try it out.
is a keeper for me
here is the link 
see for yourself
I also serve
Simple Stuffed Mushroom
Will work on this recipe for you guys.


GOOD TO KNOW

3 oz of serving of red meat supplies about half of the protein an adult needs
in daily diets. The red meat contain amino acid necessary to build muscle
and repair tissues muscle mass that help with the ability to do
physical activities it also provide enzymes and hormones that help prevent illness.
It also provides Iron for anyone that is iron deficiency.

OPPS THE LATKE WAS TO BIG FOR IMAGE LOL!






FINAL RESULT
Potatoes

ENJOY
Potatoes


ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATE!!!









68 comments:

  1. Dear Jackie, I love to try different nationality food. Your recipe sounds good and I can image it also with beef, chicken or fish .
    Wish you a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipe gonna try soon. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    Richa Shekhar

    www.yulookgorgeous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!!!!
    happy friday!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so good, Yummmm!

    <3 <3 Mahshid مهشید
    http://www.thankstofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Latkes are delicious, it's great that you created your own personal recipe and shared it with us! You really do make me want to be a better cook :))

    xo,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make it sometimes and we like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not familiar with the name, but it looks so good, Jackie! You're a good cook! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another amazing recipe! You need your own cooking show :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy yummy will try this after Lent is over for sure.... thanks fr sharing the recipe Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy as always. Thanks for always sharing
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous <3 <3 Would love to give it a try Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely wanna try it!!!!
    Happy friday doll !!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love trying new food too. And this one looks yummy! Happy Weekend, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my sweet Jackie,
    I find this recipe really tasty! I'm going to try this very soon!
    Have a super great week end!
    XO
    Maggie D.
    Fashion Blog Maggie Dallospedale fashion diary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my favourite would be the latke here as I love latkes :)
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how I always learn something new coming to your blog. I haven't heard of latkes before so thank you for bringing this recipe to my attention, Jackie!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  17. So delicious Récipe, thanks for shared, happy weekend hun!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of latkes before, sounds interesting!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks super yummy Jackie! You always post tasty recipes. <3

    xo, Alina
    www.StylebyAlina.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love homemade latkes. I made scallion pancakes recently and will try to make these. Looks delicious! x/Madison
    Weekend Style For Him

    ReplyDelete
  21. I usually make Asian style potato pancakes and these sound lovely as well. Thanks Jackie!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jackie,
    great recipe! I love how you paired it with spinach and red meat, the whole meal looks super delish!
    Great nutrition info, too!
    happy weekend!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks good. I like your recipes. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Que delicia amei estou com águs na boca.
    tenha um final de semana abençoado, Curta e siga o meu canal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LOCPg0HbTA

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omy! This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing it virtually although I won't be able to taste it :)

    Have a nice day, Jackie! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. it looks so yummy, Jackie!
    LOL for the latke pic :D
    xx

    http://www.tirateladimeno.it/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will try this one, looks jummy! Nice post
    x Mieke

    New post: http://Nancy-Mulhouse.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  28. Delicious anh healthy!

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  29. that looks soooooooo yummy =)

    http://thefantasticfashionworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks yummy! I love to try different food too.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks delicious, and I'll never worry because it's healthy!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  32. This sure looks delicious. Thanks for sharing Jackie.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  33. I will go for the side dishes while my hubby would love the whole lot!! Super yummy doll!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  34. So yummy!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds like something I should try, being a potato lover!

    Have a great week,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  36. That looks so yummy
    great week ahead
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  37. We do make something similar in my country as well, I love trying different food also!!! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. The latke sounds fab, but so does the creamed spinach (I adore spinach!)! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Latke sound so delish...I have never heard of them before. I would def eat it with the creamed spinach. Thanks so much for sharing Jackie.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I always love your recipes but me being a vegetarian, can't try this one! :)

    Happy Monday
    Ritcha
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. This looks like a yummy potato cake. But I love the addition of onion. I love onions Jackie!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yummy, I did green beans with onions and garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mmm, looks so delicious!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison