Friday, November 6, 2015

COOKING WITH RAWSPICEBAR

This amazing spice company got a hold of
me through my instagram account. You never
know who you could encounter on the media
and I'm glad this was one of those delicious
introduction of their company RawSpiceBar
check for yourself visit their website here
rawspicebar.com
You could just imagine how excited I got since
I love to create different recipes.
Let me update you about them they
are a company that offers
fresh ground spices each month.
You could subscribe for 6 dollars a month,
You get 3 fresh spices kitchen tested
with a recipe card by mail.
If you are a enthusiast cook like me
or a home beginner cook this
is a great way to start
being creative in the kitchen.
Take a peek here rawspicebar
The spices I receives are use in
Indonesia and Asian food
but you might find it has a place
in many other parts of your repertoire
like I will show you here.

I will share three recipe I created in my kitchen
with the three spices I got in the mail for this purpose.
Hope it inspire you to try and see what you could come up with
or recreate these recipe in your kitchen.

My first recipe is a delicious bite of Kaffir Lime Blend Zucchini Patties
For all my vegan eater and non this is a simple
way to perk up the taste on zucchini.

KAFFIR LIME BLEND ZUCCHINI PATTIES

Ingredients
1 Zucchini Shredded
1/4 teaspoon Kaffir Lime Blend by RawSpiceBar
1/3 Cup and 3 Tablespoon of Flour
1 Egg
1 Small Onion Dice
1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
Vegetable Oil for Frying

Directions
Shred Zucchini in a food processor or grate place over
a colander sprinkle
1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper,
1/4 teaspoon Kaffir Lime Blend by RawSpiceBar
Allow zucchini to stand for 15 minutes
With a slotted spoon gently press down
to get excess of zucchini water.
Transfer to a mixing bowl
add 1/3 cup and 3 Tablespoon of flour
One Egg
Stir until is well incorporated
In a large saute pan add oil fully cover
Cook on medium to high heat
Place a paper towel on a plate
Scoop 1 Tablespoon of zucchini mixture
 and press down
gently until it form a round shape
Place 4
 2 inches apart at a time to fry
Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side
or until golden brown.
Place on the paper towel line plate
and continue until done with
the Zucchini mixture.
Sprinkle with
Kaffir Lime Blend
and serve.

Jackie's Tip
You could also add Kaffir Lime Blend to 
greek yogurt or sour cream for a nice
dipping sauce to go with 
Kaffir Lime Blend Zucchini Patties

Images










Another way to incorporate Kaffir Lime Blend base on their
package is on ice cream and boy are they right absolutely delicious.
You should try it is out of this world.
 A Pow Wow Moment!


I like coming up with way to cook and eat chicken.
The Malaysian Laksa Spices this was the right
spice to add a boost to the chicken thighs.
Convenient to do and it tastes so delish
you going to want to keep this recipe in
your recipe box.

MALAYSIAN LAKSA CHICKEN

Ingredients
3-4 Chicken Thighs with bone and skin
1/2 Cup of Fresh Squeeze Juice of a Lime
1 1/2 Malaysian Laksa from RawSpiceBar
1 Clove of Garlic Dice
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Tomatoes Paste
1 Teaspoon of Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Cup of Flour
Vegetable Oil to Fry

Directions
Place chicken in a ziploc bag
In a measuring Cup add
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup of Fresh Squeeze Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Tomatoes Paste
1 Clove of Garlic dice
1 Teaspoon of Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
Mix Well pour over the chicken in the ziploc
Marinated overnight or 2 hours before cooking.

When ready with marinated place chicken in a mixing bowl
add the 1 cup of flour shake off excess put aside.
In a sauteed pan add vegetable oil to cover full
Heat on medium to high heat place
flour chicken fry for 5 minutes on each side
or until lightly brown
set aside and continue until all chicken are fry.

Preheat oven 450 degree.
Place chicken on to a baking sheet put in a
450 degree oven finish cooking for 40-45 minutes
 until you see juices clear.
Place on a plate garnish with cilantro and slices of lime
 Serve with white rice

Images




Enjoy 

 Jackie's Tip
For best result marinated over night.


EGGS IN SPICY SAMBAL OELEK SAUCE

This recipe everyone has their way in making it.
 I like to add a twist to it by making it spicy.
Is a kick in your palettes but with a great taste
that you will enjoy as well as your guest.



In order to get started you need to make ahead
the Sambal Oelek dressing.

I follow these instruction from the recipe card that
came with the spices to make the Sambal Oelek
To use in my sauce.

                             
Ingredients
 Package RawSpiceBar's Sambal Oelek Spices
3 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Salt
3 garlic cloves
Directions
Place all the ingredients in food processor pulse until chilies are finely chopped
and form a paste, Stopping to scrape down the sides of bowl as necessary.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

Sambal Oelek is a chilies paste pounded or chopped fresh red cayenne pepper and ground
chilies peppers with palm sugar and paprika.
You could find other uses for this spice like
if you like your wing spices marinated in this spice and you will see
how it take the wing to an all different level of hot and spicy.

EGGS IN SPICY SAMBAL OELEK SAUCE

INGREDIENTS
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup of dice onion
1 Cup of Crushed Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sambal Oelek
2 Eggs

Directions
In a sauteed pan add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 cup of dice onions
sauteed until they are translucent, add the 1 cup of crushed sauce
and 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek simmer for 15 minutes
add the eggs one at a time 2 inch apart allow them to cook
for 5 minutes serve with your favorite bread.

Sauteed Onion, Crushed Sauce
1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek


This is perfect for Brunch, or Dinner keep in mind is spicy.

Disclaimer: Do not serve to anyone who has any allergies of these ingredients.
Do not serve extreme spicy food to elder or children the Eggs In Spicy Sambal OeleK is very
spicy is for those palettes that could handle the heat.

Hope you enjoy the recipes let me know what you think?

62 comments:

  1. I love trying out new spices. Everything looks so delicious.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchinis are so good for you and i wish i ate them more often. Wow, you have been busy Jackie. You sure come up with some really nice recipes. Someone is ready for Thanksgiving :D. I am inviting myself over to your place for Thanksgiving din-din :). Thank you!! Lovely post.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll yes I'm so ready for Thanksgiving. These Zucchinis are amazing with the Kaffir Lime Blend fro Rawspicebar.

      Delete
  3. Wow this sounds like a grea concept. I never heard about this company, but this is a good way to try new recipe. Thank you for introducing and cooking for as. All tour images looks really delicious.
    Wish you a nice weekend dear Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to incorporate different seasoning into your everyday recipe is like giving it a different taste to it.

      Delete
  4. Great recipes!! I like spicy food! *-*
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. vow ohh vow m salivating n so hungry now.. i like the concept of this company we use a lot of spices in our Indian food bt trying something wud also be cool.. Thanks fr sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know rawspicebar but your receipes look delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spicy food, these recipes look so yummy and delicious <3 My mouth is watering...haha
    Have a great day Jackie <3 Kisses <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recipes. Looks so good. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it works with everything, great!
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great brand. I love using Himalayan pink salt. xx/Madison
    Happy weekend doll.
    Eco-Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's so good
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my dishes very often I use spices, I like them!

    La Flò ♡ blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried raw spices but viewing your amazing Friday Food tutorials definitely inspires me to cook more! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que delicia deu água na boca, bom final de semana.
    Vídeo Novo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06avCiMDYGA
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh . I don't like eggs jejej :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many great recipe. Have a great weekend

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love spicy foods. All of these recipes look delicious.

    P.S. We are hosting our Christmas card exchange again this year and hope you can join. The post is up on our blog right now but to join all you need to do is email us your mailing info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post dear!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/11/bambi.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those eggs look so delicious! Have a lovely weekend.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hold on, they have Malaysian Laksa Spice? I MUST get my hands on that, Laksa which is similar to curry noodles is one of Malaysia's most famous cuisine. Thanks for the heads up, Jackie!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shireen is the exact spice for Malaysia noodle recipe. Visit their website also check out recipe they have you might enjoy.

      Delete
  21. It's fun to try out new spices and seasonings. Thanks for sharing these recipes!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw... yummy and easy to do recipes :)
    The species look very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you describe every single step!
    Thanks for this recipe

    Ciao Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmm this looks so good! Such a great idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow all this food has sparked up my apetite, and inspired me to cook!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This seems so delish, Thanks for share!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I knew you were good at cooking but this is amazing Jackie! I'm a fan oh Hymalaian salt by the way! Baci, Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mouthwatering!! Asian food, Malaysian food and Indonesian food with spices, I so loved. Lovely dishes with the raw spice ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really great recipes Jackie! I love Asian cooking! I often make Indian and Bangladeshi food since we lived there for 10 years. In fact I am waiting for my Rawspice box too, can't wait to get it. They told me it's on the way! Here in Sicily we don't get many spices, at least not in my town, we need to go to Palermo or Catania, where there are many ethnic shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome experience to lived in a different country and embrace the cultural as well as their food. You will be please with their RawSpiceBar products the scent and taste like their grind it in your kitchen. Looking forward what you will create.

      Delete
  30. Great post dear!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/11/bambi.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love using different spices when I cook! These sound amazing and I'm loving that zucchini patty recipe...yum!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes? spices are vey important for cooking

    ReplyDelete
  33. This sounds amazing. First time hearing about this but would love to test it out :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  34. very yummy recipes
    I wish you an happy day
    a big kiss
    <<< fashion blogger >>>

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my all these recipes sound good but especially the last two and I love pink Himalayan salt. I use to get it when I worked at SLT.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my! Mouth watering recipes Jackie!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. My favourites recipe here are the zucchini puffers! I really like how they look and must try them out :) Thanks for the recipe and happy Sunday <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. My compliments, Jackie :)))
    I'm a fan on spicies, this one should be great... yummy dish!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. This brand product is new to me. I'm not really fond of spices but sometimes I want to indulge myself with it just to add some flavor to the food :)

    Take care!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. i think you have turned to food blogger now! I love you sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very lovely! Hope you have agreat Monday!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  42. The nuggets look really yummmyyy.. I so wanna make some now ..

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. That would be a very nice gift for anyone that cooks.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a cool spice company! Those zucchinis patties look so delicious! Definitely right up my alley!

    xo, Jackie
    stylemydreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your food ALWAYS come out looking so good, Jackie! I love fried food and these are so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Unforunately I don't have those spices but I steal from you the zucchini receipe :)))) I'm a big fan of zucchini and I always look for new dishes!!! Thanks dear Jacke, un bacione!!!
    Serena
    Ariarosso - Different T-shirt, different people

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison