Friday, January 29, 2016

BAKE PENNE CAPRESE PASTA


Is one of those last minute
creation when you know 
guest is coming by and 
you have to grab
what you have and 
make a simple staple
to a wow factor recipe
I got inspire by two recipe
on Pinterest I put together.
With the exception of my 
Creamy Ricotta and Homemade Sauce
These are my recipe

BAKE PENNE CAPRESE PASTA

BRAND I ALWAYS USE FOR ITALIAN MEALS
Barilla for my pasta use
BelGioioso for my Fresh Mozzarella
Sargento for my Ricotta Cheese

THE LINK TO MY HOMEMADE RED SAUCE


INGREDIENTS
1lb Penne Pasta (Barilla) Cook and drain
3 Cups Homemade Sauce Recipe above link
or you could use one that is your favorite
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella slice
9 Slices of Steak or Roma Tomatoes
9 Basil leafs
1 Cup of Creamy Ricotta (Recipe Below)
1/3 Cup of Parmesan


INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY RICOTTA (MY RECIPE)
1 Cup of Ricotta Part Skim Milk Cheese (I use Sargento)
Hand full of Fresh Basil
Pinch of Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
1 Teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
1/4 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

DIRECTION

In a mixing bowl add the Ricotta Cheese, Basil, 1 Egg, 1 teaspoon of Oregano, 1 teaspoon
of Italian seasoning and pinch of Salt , Fresh Ground Pepper, 
1/4 Cup Of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Stir well until all ingredients incorporate and the texture is creamy.

Important Information
Egg help bond the ingredients

Image of Creamy Ricotta

DIRECTION TO MAKE BAKE PENNE CAPRESE PASTA

You could make the sauce ahead (I always have homemade in
my freezer for these types of recipes)

Cook Pasta in a large pot filled with water place over medium heat
when the water start to boil add salt when the salt dissolved add the
penne pasta cook stir occasionally let it cook for about 11 minutes
until pasta is authentic "al dente"

PREHEAT OVEN AT 350 DEGREES

DRAIN AND ADD BACK TO THE POT
TOSS THE PASTA WITH A LITTLE OLIVE OIL
FOR IT WON'T STICK 

ADD 1 CUP OF MY HOMEMADE SAUCE TO THE
COOK PASTA AND MIX WELL

ADD THE 1/2 CUP OF CREAMY RICOTTA CHEESE
MIX WELL

ADD ANOTHER LADLE OF HOMEMADE RED SAUCE
MIX WELL


IN A 9x13 BAKING CASSEROLE SPRAY WITH
NON STICK SPRAY SPREAD ONE LADLE
OF HOMEMADE SAUCE
ADD THE PENNE MIXTURE
SPREAD EVENLY 

ADD NINE DOLLOP  OF CREAMY RICOTTA CHEESE
3 ON A ROW

PLACE NINE SLICES OF TOMATOES ON TOP
OF THE DOLLOP OF CREAMY RICOTTA
THEN ADD THE NINE LEAVES OF FRESH BASIL
ON TOP OF TOMATOES

PLACE NINE SLICES OF FRESH MOZZARELLA CHEESE
ON TOP OF THE FRESH BASIL

SPRINKLE THE 1/3 CUP OF GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE

FINAL STEP
COOK FOR 30 MINUTES IN A 350 PREHEAT OVEN  OR UNTIL THE CHEESE IS COMPLETELY MELTED

ENJOY!

GIVE THESE DELICIOUS 
BAKE PENNE CAPRESE PASTA A TRY
THIS WEEKEND...

A MUST HAVE KITCHEN TOOL:
Great tool to have in your kitchen
to get rid of the garlic smell on your hands is...
THIS SILVER PEANUT SHAPE NUGGET
All you do is wash your hand 
with soap and water than rub
it on this stainless steal
Peanut Shape Nugget
Garlic smell gone.
You could get any shape
or style as long it is
stainless steal.
You could find in any place
that sells kitchen essentials.

ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATE!



38 comments:

  1. This pasta recipe looks delicious!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italien food is always delicious and your recipe sound especially yummy. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italian food is my favorite. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to dig into this anytime, babe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Jackie, so Italian-style!


    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks so delicious! It's making me so hungry right now :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being an Italian I'm impressed by your clever mastering of so many Italian recipes. Do you have Italian relatives? Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomato, basil and mozzarella is one of my fave food combinations so I'm pretty sure I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm hungry, dear Jackie! This sounds and looks so deliciouos that I must try it out!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! This looks so tasty and I love the peanut kitchen gadget, it really is quite handy. Thanks for sharing Jackie.

    Keisha xo
    thechrysalisgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear you have some of the best recipes, Jackie and this will be another added to my bookmark. I have never made baked pasta before and this recipe looks delicious!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. This pasta made me so hungry.. super yummy.. happy weekend Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great recipe. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  14. So yummy.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great recipe, looks so delish, I wish it was I who was coming for a vist! Super cool gadget, I have never heard of this; Thanks for sharing both!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love pasta!!! Nice post!
    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok Jackie, I just added this to my ever growing bookmarks. Great recipe, looks so yummy.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok Jackie, I just added this to my ever growing bookmarks. Great recipe, looks so yummy.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks so good , Jackie! I love Penne. Enjoy your weekend ! !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love penne too. It's delicuous. Thanks for recipe. Kisses. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...looks delicious!

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks yummy! Great post Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks delcious like alaways! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so tasty!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this pasta. Caprese salad is one of my fav!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. Que delicia amei
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP6eHn5PlI

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg! This looks yummy! Hope you had a great weekend babe
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great recipe Jackie! Looks delicious.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison