Monday, February 15, 2016

A DIY DUPE FOR COLOR SWITCH

Some items we find put
a question in our minds.
 Can I save money
in doing it myself?
In this case it was
I made an item close
enough and the best
part it works and is reasonable
you get more out of it.
This is A DIY Dupe
For Color Switch

Disclaimer: By any means am I stating that Color Switch
does not work and you should not buy...

This is an alternative for anyone who 
cannot get their hands on the Color Switch
What is Color Switch you ask?
Is a design to clean makeup brushes
to make makeup artist applying makeup
convenient in between changing colors
They could switch it around to get clean
and use the center to wet the brush 
to enhance the color. 
Made by Vera Mona

Here is the link and image if you like to check it out 
Retails for 19.99



My Homemade Version it totals for $5.38
and you could make three.

O Cedar Non-Stick Scrubber Set of Three

Ball Half Pint 8oz wide mouth canning set of 4

GOOD TO KNOW
The Clear Container is not necessary
But if you want to add one.
 I  use one I got from a sample in Ulta
I always keep those little containers
to add Vaseline or leftover lipstick.
So keep your sample containers,
if not purchase one in the bead/jewelry
section of a craft store like Michael's 
Or use a small container you may have.

TOOLS YOU NEED

O CEDAR NON-STICK SCRUBBERS

8 OZ WIDE MOUTH JAR

O Cedar Non Stick Scrubbers
8 oz wide mouth jar with lids
Lip gloss container optional

IMPORTANT NOTES
IT WORKS WITH POWDER EYE SHADOWS,
BLUSHES , SETTING POWDER
AND MINERAL POWDER

INSTRUCTION
Open  the O Cedar Non Stick Scrubber
Wash with soap and water rinse well
and let it air dry before use

Get a 8 oz Wide Mouth Jar With Lids
Dishwash or Handwash with soap and hot water
use when is completely dries.
Place a O Cedar Non Stick Scrubber
In each  jar if you have more than one
like shown in my images below.

 I GRAB ENOUGH EYE SHADOW TO SHOW HOW IT CLEANS

SWITCH AROUND IN CIRCLE

 VIOLA!! NOW YOU HAVE A CLEAN
SAME BRUSH TO USE AGAIN
IN  BETWEEN PICKING UP
DIFFERENT COLOR FROM
THE PALETTES TO DO YOUR EYES.
IT DOES SAFE YOU TIME!

SEE THE RESIDUE ON THE
NON- STICK SCRUBBER

If you want a place to add water
to wet brush in order to get shadow
pigments more bright.
Add a lip gloss container like this one below
and adhere with Elmer Tacky Glue it dries clear
now the price went up to 9 dollars 
for the glue and lip container.
Is still reasonable than 19.99

YES IT DOES FIT IN THE JAR AND IT CLOSES
COMPLETELY


I have one in my Vanity
one in my bathroom
and one in my office
Gain three for a lot less
than one of the original.

 MY FINAL THOUGHT
I'm not one to do this type of post but decided
to give myself a challenge in how to
come up with a gadget that is less money
than the original.
To my surprise it really works and I'm glad 
I was able to meet my challenge with success.

MESSAGE
Hope you like my dupe if you decide
to make one to keep on your vanity
or bathroom counter
Tag me on Instagram.

Keep in mind this is not 
to totally clean your
makeup brushes
always wash
with your favorite cleanser
or under water
to get rid of the buildup residue.
The purpose for this is to use
while doing your makeup
and saving you time 
in using to many makeup brushes.
If you a makeup artist this will work great.

Ladies will you consider this solution?



37 comments:

  1. Wow dear Jackie, this is a great idea. Why not diy and save money with the some solution. Great job my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea dear, thanks for sharing!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aWESOME TIP dear Jacki!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    kisses
    xoxoxo
    Mary
    fairymakeuptales.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie thank you for sharing with us your invention. It's really useful! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so smart def worth a try.. i feel so lazy to wash brushes everytime.. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, babe! These are so handy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will lovee to try this
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really amazing and a great idea, and like you, I also ask myself if I know how to do something, rather than buying it! You are so clever!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea, Jackie!
    I really like your DIY!
    xx

    www.tirateladimeno.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dica maravilhosa amei, tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Meu Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP6eHn5PlI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! This is such a well written post.


    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  12. I simply love your dupe, Jackie!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dupe is definitely more economical and looks like it works well too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an awesome way to quickly clean your brushes thanks for the amazing tip Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jackie this post is a money saver I have to try this out and I am so glad I didn't waste money.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing this dupe

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Que maravilla de post. Gracias por la idea. Un beso

    Le puedes dar a la palabra en roja de mi post porfi. Gracias!!!

    http://todreamtheimpossiblemnoeliaco.blogspot.com.es/2016/02/militar-sweatshirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que maravilla de post. Gracias por la idea. Un beso

    Le puedes dar a la palabra en roja de mi post porfi. Gracias!!!

    http://todreamtheimpossiblemnoeliaco.blogspot.com.es/2016/02/militar-sweatshirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it is an excellent idea, but like you said, it is not full proof. Water is always a good help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad this worked for you, seems like a great way to save a bit of case while still getting the same results!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look nice :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tip, we all learn from the best, that is you!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this! What a great idea Jackie, thanks so much for sharing this.

    Keisha xo
    The Chrysalis Gal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good idea Jackie, your Diy can help to sabe money! Thanks for share.

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow never heard of this, kind of like those nail polish remover gadgets. Sounds interesting. I so need to clean my brushes, it is really time.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a brilliant dupe DIY. I am hopeless when it comes to cleaning my brushes, this should entice me to be better!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely love this. Such a brilliant idea Jackie. Thanks for sharing!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very beautiful Post; I love all the tips you gave along with the DIY instructions.
    Brilliant..

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison