Monday, February 22, 2016

WE DOING IT WRONG AS PER PEOPLE STYLEWATCH MAGAZINE!


This is a must have magazine
PeopleStyleWatch
So filled with trendy fashion
and beauty tips and makeup trends
so grab your next issue.
I found this article interesting to share
I know how much you guys enjoy
information about beauty tips.

WE DOING IT WRONG AS PER PEOPLE STYLEWATCH!
(all images are from internet and beauty tips information from People StyleWatch)
MY TIPS WILL BE BOLDED!

1- PUTTING ON PERFUME
Spritzing and rubbing your wrists together 
distorts the intended scent of your fragrance.
Instead, apply perfume directly onto each wrist's
pulse point and let it naturally absorb into skin.
For super easy application, Try a roller ball.

JACKIE'S TIP
Spritz all your pulse point
on your body before dressing
make sure it drys.


2- HOLDING A PADDLE BRUSH

It may feel more natural to have it sideways,
but you should actually grip it vertically.
That way, the bristles line up straight instead
of zigzagged, allowing your hair to glide through effortlessly

JACKIE'S TIP
For damp hair use a wide
tooth comb to comb through.
Is faster no more tangles
and will not break your hair.

3- PREPPING NAIL POLISH

Simply put, stop shaking it!
It causes air bubbles to form
in your nail polish, which
than show up on your mani.
You're better off rolling the bottle
between your palms.

JACKIE'S TIP
When you ready to apply
take the nail polish brush,
while taking it out
drag the edge of the 
brush closest to the rim
of the bottle neck
to remove excess.
You will see if their 
is bubble before applying 
to nails.

4- DEFINING YOUR LIPS


Don't just outline your pout with liner.
Try drawing an "X" at the center of your
top lip to create a perfect cupid's bow.
After that you can line and fill in your lips like normal.

JACKIE'S TIP
If you already have a perfect cupid bow
on your top lip
Outline away from the cupid bow
to enhance your lip evenly.


5- APPLYING BLUSH & BRONZER
The trick is to pucker up the bronzer and swipe it underneath
your cheekbones. Then smile for blush and swirl it into the
apples of your cheeks.

JACKIE'S TIP
Blend it together
to give you a flush look
like you just ran a mile.

6- GETTING READY IN THE MORNING
You should be styling your hair before putting up
makeup heat from dryer or iron can make you sweat.
It could cause your makeup to melt.

Step One
Start by applying face cream
you want to give it plenty of time to absorb into
your skin before you do your makeup.
Step Two
Detangle wet hair and add whatever
styling products (including heat
protector) you use.
Step Three
Next, blow-dry your hair
and style it with your 
curling iron or flat iron
Step Four
Give yourself a minute to cool down
and then finish getting ready by
putting on makeup.

JACKIE'S TIP
If you short of time!
Wash hair the night
before add the
products overnight
is doing the work.
In the morning
after washing your
face and moisturizing it.
Style your hair
with flat iron or curl iron
adding a styling
product to the ends of hair.
or
If hair is dirty
Spray with dry shampoo
rub it in.
Do your makeup
than style hair.


7- WEARING BOBBY PINS
Ladies, the ridges are there for a reason!
When you slip in a bobby pin, be sure
to keep the bumpy side down so it  can
grip hair effectively and keep it in place.

JACKIE'S TIP
Use bobby pins
that come close to hair color
or colorful for a playful look.
If going out to an event
try the ones that have
a glitter look more dressing
for the occasion.
Use more than one to add a unique look.

8- SHAVING YOUR LEGS
Doing it as soon as you get inside the shower is a No-No.
Save hair removal for the end to give your skin
time to soften up under the steam
it helps you get a closer shave.
For extra softening and time saving
 benefits, go with a razor that has lotion
built in.

JACKIE'S TIP
Scrub legs before shaving
with your favorite scrub product
for a smoother look.

9- APPLYING CONCEALER
You actually need more than just a dab
here and there. Brush on concealer
in the shape of an ice cream cone
Starting right under each eyebrow
and ending at the bottom of your nose,
Then blend!!!
Your brow and cheek bones
reflect the most light
so by targeting those
specific areas 
you are guaranteed a luminous
finish that hides shadow or
dark circle.

JACKIE'S TIP
Use a brush to apply
and a blender to tap
it in gently 
back and forth
wont crease in your lines.
Make sure
 you do not 
apply in a rub motion
you will remove it.
Choose a shade
lighter than your foundation
and make sure you set
it with powder when done.

10- USING FOUNDATION
 If full coverage is what you're after, then
rubbing foundation onto your skin with
your fingers just isn't gonna cut it.
Get flawless results and waste less
product when your press foundation
into your skin with a brush or sponge.

JACKIE'S TIP
Apply  foundation with
foundation brush
and than use a stipple
brush to blend it in a 
inner circular movement
to get all flaws hidden
as well as pores.


I hope you enjoy these tips from People StyleWatch and me
put them to test see what works for you.


Ladies had you try any of these or did you know them?

Share any tips you might know.


32 comments:

  1. Great tips, dear! I like the lip liner tip best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally guilty of doing some of these thing wrong to. lol
    But thanks for sharing these wonderful tips!

    xo, jackie
    stylemydreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these tips so helpful i do a cross on my lip and also use a brush for foundation.. hv a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally great and helpful tips.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post!
    Hope you have a great week! xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of us get these wrong! HaHaHa Great post Jackie!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great tips! I haven't picked up one of those magazines in a while, need to get a copy!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know the right way to do things! Thanks Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, these seem to be logical things to know too. Especially the perfume, my mum taught me that one. But, many of us get it wrong. Love the makeup tips. x
    Star Noir

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to try that lipliner trick! These are all great :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips, Jackie! I always wash my hair at night and it's fresh in the morning. Two reasons I do this, one I can't stand the smell of food in my hair so no way I go to bed with my hair smelling like dinner and two, it saves me tons of time in the morning.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips dear Jackie. The most tips are new for me and very inspiring. I alway just use blush. But now I will try bronzer. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tips, Jackie, I try every morning to cleanse correctly my skin, put moisturizer and then makeup :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So inspiring post Jackie, thanks for your tips!!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, dear Jackie, I discover always something new on your blog! Thanks for sharing the amazing tips :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of thips I didn't know, thank you for this helpful post!

    Black and white for Winter on
    lb-lc fashion blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic post Jackie! I love that you added your tips also. I learned something new....I never knew that Bobbi pins should go with the bumpy side down lol Thanks for sharing!

    Keisha xo
    Thechrysaligal.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know some tips ond other are news for me, thanks for share Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the tips! I was surprised that I actually do some of these with rolling the nail polish, the order of getting ready in the morning and using a wide tooth comb on my wet hair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I didn't realise I was doing so many things wrong, thanks for the tips!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey these are some great tips many I already follow, and thanks to keratis polaris I always scrub before I shave.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's great to knwo these things. I do that all the time when applying perfume. Now, I'd what I should not do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your hair tips, Jackie! The wide tooth comb is a must for my kinky hair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I sure agree with these tips. After all, we need to learn and improve on my beauty regime as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your tips Jackie!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You and People Magazine have great times which I will be using :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tips Jackie! I'm notorious for shaking my nail polish! I won't be doing that anymore lol! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison