Friday, March 4, 2016

ETHOPIAN BERBERE CHICKPEAS STEW


When you cannot make it to a
global destination let your 
palettes take you there.
Berbere spice is use
much of Ethopian food.
It means hot.
I decided to make
a veggie dish with this spice.
The aroma and the thick texture
and the
is out of this world.
So if you like to take
your palette to a trip
destination Ethiopia
  try this recipe out.

ETHOPIAN BERBERE CHICKPEAS STEW

BERBERE SPICE
You should store
in a air tight container
or glass and place in
dark spot of pantry.
THE SPICE IS
FROM RAWSPICEBAR
Here is the link
to get one.
RawSpiceBar




YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
You could modified the spice
 to your liking add more or less.

INGREDIENTS
1 15 oz Can Organic Chickpeas Drain and Rinse
(Any can chickpeas will do)
1 Potatoes Peeled and Dice 
1 Small Onion Dice
1 Garlic Clove Minced
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon of Tomatoes Paste
1 Can 8oz Tomatoes Sauce
1 Teaspoon Berbere Spice 
(RawSpiceBar)
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon of each Salt and Pepper
1 cup of Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup of Spinach

DIRECTIONS
In a medium pot fill with enough
water to cover the peel and dice potatoes
bring to a boil reduce heat 
cook potatoes until slightly tender.
In a separate large pot
add the
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Sauteed onion and garlic
until translucent
Add the cook potatoes
Stir add the can
of chickpeas, 1 can tomatoes sauce,
1 teaspoon tomatoes paste, 1 teaspoon cumin,
1 teaspoon berbere spice, 1 teaspoon paprika,
1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1 cup of vegetable broth
bring to a boil reduce heat simmer for 30 minutes
add  1/2 cup of spinach and cook additional 10 minutes
Serve with white rice.

IMAGES OF PROCESS

Organic Chickpeas





After 20 minutes add Spinach

FINAL RESULT

ENJOY

ALWAYS BEAUTIFY YOUR PLATE!!!

(THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND BIRTHDAY WISHES)
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

46 comments:

  1. Chickpeas r my fav i usually fry tomato, onions n then garlic after grinding them add a special spice mix and make a gravy grinding some of the Chickpeas..
    This recipe is simple n delicious would love to try it as well.. Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so amazing! Thank you for sharing this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and with that spicy kick from paprika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super yummy. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always something so good
    Ciao Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning post! Hope you have a fab weekend!!!

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had chickpeas...these looks good!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe sounds yummy. I'm not a big fan of spice, so I would take less of Berbere spice. Wish you a nice weekend dear Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried this dish before at a restaurant and really liked it. Thanks for the recipe Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love spices, Jackie, it's a long time since I last ate Ethiopian food...
    Great recipe :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting recipe!!!
    Happy Friday doll!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. We used to eat a lot of Ethiopian food, and I like this meal. Chickpeas are very good for you too. Thanks doll. x
    Flower Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first time I cam across berbere spice, don't recall seeing it in stores too but then again, I wasn't specifically looking out for it. Thank you for the recipe, Jackie!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You find the Berbere Spice at Rawspice.com

      Delete
  14. This looks so nice, I bet it tastes delicious!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que delicia amei, bom final de semana.
    Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP6eHn5PlI
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks delicious
    I would love to try it,you are an awesome cook

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a must try. Love it plus its nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. delicioso me gusta las recetas qué haces y en este caso todos los ingredientes un besito guapa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks yummy babes! Happy weekend.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I nver cooked something similar, thanks a lot for the recipe, dear Jackie!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder where i could get bebere spice here. I wanna try this dish jackie. Chicleas are so low in calories and very filling to the stomach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is here? Rawspice.com sells it, ask if they deliver to your country. I agree chickpeas are low in calories.

      Delete
  22. Yum yum, looks so delicious Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo this sounds tasty. Though I don't do well with beans. Tonight I am making pasta and clam sauce.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to try it! I eat chickpeas not very often.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh this dish looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. so healthy and this looks delicious! :) perfect if you want a protein rich stew <3

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy

    New post :
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. =D

    Parece ser bem gostoso!

    Ótimo domingo!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never tried chickpeas, but this sounds like an interesting dish! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a different kind of stew I would love to try. Yummm
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. This stew looks so tasty, Jackie dear. Thanks for sharing!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks amazing! So delish and good for you! I love meatless dishes, and I love spices, so this is another winner!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks so good. You know how much I love white rice.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison