Monday, May 23, 2016

UNDERSTANDING SENSITIVE SKIN

(google image)
So many things could trigger sensitive skin.
Having a little knowledge how to care
for it will help in the long run.
The first thing is 
UNDERSTANDING SENSITIVE SKIN
to pin point what causes it to irritate.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dermatologist please consult before
using any of these products that may cause more of an issue on your skin,
If you have allergy on a specific ingredients and already are in medication
 or a specific treatment recommended by a dermatologist.

CLEANSER
Avoid alcohol
heavy fragrance
harsh chemicals

MASK
Mild gentle that contains
antioxidant, anti-inflammatory 
like aloe vera, oats,
green and chamomile tea,
the less ingredients will
be best for sensitive skin

MOISTURIZER
Hypo-allergenic and
fragrance free
Natural moisturizer works best
for sensitive skin
Avoid
complex anti aging products.

Makeup
Sensitive skin
need to be cautious when
buying and applying makeup.
Avoid waterproof makeup
Important to contain SPF.

HOME REMEDIES

ADD MOISTURE AND PREVENT DRYNESS

Coconut Oil
Organic apply to face and leave overnight.
Do this daily.


Help WITH ITCHY DRY PATCHES

BANANA MASK
Mash 1 Banana add 2 Tablespoon of honey
Apply to face leave on for 20 minutes
Rinse with warm water


PRODUCTS TO TRY FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Cleanser
Murad
Soothing Gel Cleanser

Mask
First Aid Beauty
Instant Oatmeal Mask

Moisturizer
SkinMedica 
TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream

MAKEUP
Naked Skin 
Weightless Foundation


FOOD TO CONSUME
Plenty of water
Water with lemon
Vitamin C
Omega 3
Spinach
Carrots
Cucumber
Sweet Potatoes
Avoid spicy and junk food

SPA TREATMENT
Consult with an aesthetician
before considering any treatment.


Ladies if you have sensitive skin share what you use?

45 comments:

  1. Great tips, my skin is sensitive, this post is very useful for me, Thanks!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips dear! The banana mask looks awesome!
    www.docdivatraveller.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips, drinking loads of water helps in clearing skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really over-sensitive skin but I do break up with some skin care products. This sharing definitely one which I treasure to keep my skin clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sensitive skin, and mine is really peculiar. Most things irritate it and other things you'd expect it to irritate does nothing at all (like some Garnier products!). It's very annoying and because of this I don't like trying new products.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for the dry skin link, I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  6. This is a great piece of work, Jackie. Absolutely agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Jackie this post is perfect for me! Waterproof makeup does bother me a lot. I so need the Banana mask so bad for my itchy dry patches on top of my forehead. Just copied the info to my notepad, thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this comes in handy for you keep me inform. If you have any question feel free to ask me.

      Delete
  9. Awesome post Jackie...very informative! I struggle with sensitive skin on occasion so these tips are so useful to me

    Keisha xo
    Thechrysalisgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfet tips and interesting post!
    Have a great start of the week beauty!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely wonderful!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  12. My skin is sensitive and I have to be careful with products I use on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to care for sensitive skin. Great tips, Jackie!

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is so much for me! I have very sensitive skin! I would like to try the banana mask! Honey is good to sesitive skin, for sure!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice tips for sensitive skin. One tip I would like to add, coconut oil may clog oily sensitive skin. Jojoba oil is great for such skin.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information another great oil that could help who gets clog with coconut oil.

      Delete
  16. Great tips, will definitely share this with my friends who has sensitive skin..

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sensitive skin requires a lot of care .. u need to stick to products that work fr u.. helpful tips..hv a great week

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have sensitive skin. I use coconut oil religiously for just about everything & works well for me. Thanks doll! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always had dry skin but not really sensitive skin. These are great tips for sure.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  20. My whole life i had a simple skin. But since i´m in my menopause, my skin is very sensitive. I cahnged my whole skincare routine. Thank you for your helpful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing this, I have very sensitive skin so have to be mindful of what products I use!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such great tips for sensitive skin, thanks for sharing!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tips. I need to try the banana mask.

    ReplyDelete
  24. so right dear. thanks for the tips :)

    Maybe you have time to see my new outfit post aMaze: HnM

    Also, would you like to follow each other on GFC? Pls follow and I’ll follow back!

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good banana mask! Feels so good to the skin.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this post Jackie! My skin can be sensitive at times and when it does I have to be careful to avoid breakouts! The banana mask sounds like something I'm going to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it let me know how it work for you.

      Delete
  27. My skin is super sensitive and I think you totally nailed it with these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for this, my skin always seems to break out whenever I apply something on it.

    http://www.pixics.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello my Fashionista and Gentleman,
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I will be posting a new post Monday-Wednesday and Friday only. I get a lot of questions how to follow me, press on G Plus add to circle above my followers for GFC or press Bloglovin to follow also Twitter,Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for taking time to post a comment I do appreciate and enjoy reading.

DISCLAIMER: COPY RIGHT (C) BEAUTIFY JACKIE HARRISON (2013) ALL RIGHTS RESERVE

XO
Jackie Harrison